Thursday, May 9, 2013

Meet the Designers!


I am getting so excited about this project and have been bursting to share who the designers will be. 
Here they are!

Gillian Weavers - Gill is a seriously gifted ceramic artist for her business Mudbird. I'm so inspired by her ability to turn such a basic material into something so delicate and beautiful. I really can't wait to make a Mudbird-inspired Tiny Eyes doll.
.............................................................................
   
Melissa Wastney - Melissa's brand, Tiny Happy, has the most relaxing, simple and unobtrusive vibe. I find it entirely refreshing in a often visually noisy online world. I am so humbled (and slightly stunned!) that Melissa has accepted my invitation to design a doll, I can't wait to see what she suggests.
............................................................................
Rebekah Nathan - You know what's better than discovering an amazing crafter? It's discovering they're also really, really nice. Rebekah of Bliss in a Teacup is just that. I'm so happy she has agreed to design a doll for me.
...............................................................................
Rhiannon Larsen - I am so thrilled to have Rhiannon, the creative genius behind Croutons, designing a doll for me to make. This lady has an enormous heart and an enormous talent. Basically, she's my fave kind of person.
.................................................................................
Emma McCleary - Emma embodies the generous spirit of the craft movement - both with her time and her talent at Emma Makes. She is one of my personal role models of a successful business woman and crafter. I'm especially excited about making her doll.
..................................................................................

Erinna Lane - Erinna is the mama of 4 boys, (all under 5!) and along with her husband runs Big Kid Film Productions, Walton St Cafe in Te Awamutu, and a social media business, Sprout, with a friend.
Supermum? Pretty much.  I've specifically asked Erinna to design a boy doll, inspired by her yummy sons.
..............................................................................

Anya Brighouse - As well as being an inspirational mother, Anya is also an interior designer, sylist and and fashion writer. She writes about all of these loves for various NZ magazines and on her website, Beautiful Bedlam. Anya loves strong colours, which is unlike me, so I am really excited to make a doll that's completely different to my usual aesthetic.

14 comments:

  1. Soooooo looking forward to it Dee... now I'm a little anxious to be alongside all these wonderful crafting designers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be so great! I've started a Pinterest board for ideas - best you don't look at it because the ideas are yet to be refined down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this all sounds very interesting and very.... talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - exciting line up I can't wait to see what they all produce. For us less deisgn-based lasses you could always do a 'send me some fabric to include in a doll' collaboration!! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Dee! You are in VERY good company! Can't wait to see the little pieces of art! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. super excited to see what they come up with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeek, That's me.. and a bunch of incredible crafters - hope I can live up to expectations! Thanks so much for the invite, I'm pretty excited : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh I can't wait to see them all :) A great line up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot I know and a few I don't. What an interesting project to have created Dee, I sure the outcome will be fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing your story of reaching out to collaborate! Sparks some courage and ideas in my own mind for working along side other artists on a project. Can't wait to see how the process unfolds and how the dolls turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks interesting, i came across your site by doing a search for construction http://www.cranecrews.com/blog blog. This came up because of the title, not exactly what I was looking for but interesting lol.

    ReplyDelete

it means so much that you've taken the time to comment~ x